Now thru December 7 is the “Open Enrollment Period” for Ohio’s seniors to take advantage of the money saving benefits a Medicare health and drug plan can provide them! This is a crucial time to closely evaluate your current plan and make any necessary changes.
During Open Enrollment you can:
- Switch from Original Medicare (Medicare Parts A and B) to a Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another (possibly from a plan without Part D prescription drug coverage to one that has it, or vice-versa)
- Make changes to your Medicare Part D prescription drug plan:
- Join a Part D plan.
- Switch from one Part D plan to another one.
- Drop your Part D plan altogether.
Be sure to enter you drug information into the drug plan finder to see if your Ohio prescription drug plan is still right for you, keeping your eye on the out of pocket costs. While you are there you will find Ohio Medicare Supplement companies and plans with side by side comparisons available. Please keep in mind that you can join or switch Medicare Supplement companies at any time, not just during the open enrollment period.
Make “Open Enrollment” your yearly reminder to review your health and prescription needs because they may have changed. As long as you have no major health issue we advise you to “shop” for the lowest prices Medigap Insurance has to offer. Did you know “Medigap Insurance” or Medicare Supplement benefits are government regulated? Companies are required to carry the same benefits for each plan, therefore the only differences between the companies are the prices!
PledgePoint & Ohio’s Medigap Connection anticipates that in the coming years President Obama’s Affordable Care Act will have a considerable impact on Ohio Medicare plan availability. Save money now by doing your homework and requesting a quote from one of our Medicare Specialists.