Here in Ohio and throughout this nation so many people have questions regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as “Obamacare.” For those of you on Medicare, we hope this information may answer a few of those questions.
- Medicare isn’t a part of the Health Insurance Marketplace. No matter if you have Medicare Advantage or Original Medicare with or without Medigap Insurance, you will still have the same benefits you have now. You do not have to do anything in the Marketplace during Open Enrollment.
- Because of the ACA, you will now receive more preventative services for less. You will not be charged the Part B coinsurance or deductible for certain preventative services, such as mammograms or colonoscopies. You will also receive a FREE yearly “Wellness” visit.
- The ACA is working towards closing the donut hole by 2020. Every year until then the spending limits decrease and the discounts will increase. See Obamacare Will Close the Medicare “Donut Hole” for more information.
- Your doctors have access to additional support with care coordination programs. This enables them to work together to make sure you are receiving the best, most consistent care.
- Did you know that with the ACA, Medicare now has a 12 year extension? With the reform, there were reductions in waste, fraud & abuse, and Medicare costs. This will not only extend Medicare to the year 2029, but it will also help provide savings on your premiums and coinsurance.